Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Bird Report

Hello,

There were not so many birds out there any time that I looked today. However, when I went to a meeting at church they were talking about the number of robins out there. They were estimating they saw one hundred. And I thought the group was small. These birds have almost stripped the tree of fruit so I can believe that many are moving on to other areas. One of the women commented that they also have many robins in their neighborhood. It is so amazing to see so many of these summer birds with all of the deep snow and cold.

Even though it was -10 F. this morning Leroy and I took a nice walk in the park. It was great when the wind was at our backs. We got to experience that gentle wind from all directions as we made a large square circuit. We did not see a single other person out there. I think that is a first. Even the Frisbee golfers have not been back since the last bigger snow fall.

I went to choir last night. It is really stretching me to sing all this music so fast. Oh those elusive rhythms. And then people tell jokes that I do not understand. They must have a long history together and are referring to former things.

I was hoping that my old choir dress would work, but it is not to be. I will either see if I can borrow a dress from someone who is not singing this concert or buy one. Because I will probably only use it once I hope I do not have to buy one, but it can be done if need be.

This weekend we will be busier than we have been for a while. There is a play Friday night, a concert Saturday night, and a Valentine dinner Sunday night. Leroy has church meetings every night this week so he is feeling a bit scheduled, but he will manage.

Paula

No comments: