Monday, February 7, 2011

Crown and bird update

Hello,

My crown is doing fine, but it somehow seems short. It may look perfect, but it is not quite. There is some infinitesimal adjustment that I make when chewing. Hopefully my brain will adapt and it will not cause any jaw problems.

We did get a check from the select account so that is nice to be able to feel we get some tax money back. The bill is going to be a little higher than I thought because we had not paid any deductable for dental work. That means our teeth are in good shape. It has been more than six years since either of us has needed more than a check up. We are thankful and thankful we have money to pay. Sometimes I think we forget that is why we have money – to pay bills.

The birds did not come so early this morning. I was sad to think they were not coming. I took another picture when there was a nice group out there. I lowered the window and chased away all the shy ones, but waiting patiently paid off as many returned. I counted 35-39 robins in the photo. It seems on the bigger days there must have been closer to 75 out there.

Our weather is getting a little colder and there is some snow in the air. I wonder if that is keeping them away or if the fruit that is left is not so good. For the first time today I saw two of them fighting over a choice piece. Generally all activity has been solitary even if they are in a big group.

I called the library to get the group books. The person I talked to seemed quite pleased that I wanted to use these books. No one if my group had any idea that the library had multiple copies. Leroy will be able to pick them up when he goes downtown for his Spanish class. So that is great. The class meets almost next door to the library. Wednesday I will see five of the eight people in the group so that will be great. It gives people a little more reading time. One person will not be joining the group because we have picked a meeting time that is not compatible with her schedule. Sorry that she can not make it, but I think that eight is a nice size for the group.

Paula

No comments: