Sunday, February 13, 2011

Culture

Hello,

The play on Friday night was entertaining, but Leroy was disappointed in the end as it did not seem to come off very well. I did think it was a bit unrealistic. It was a mystery. It was probably written quite a while ago as the setting was a few years back with a dial phone even. And to think, I can remember when we finally got a dial phone and it seemed so progressive. Along with a few other things progressive is a moving target never to be attained for any length of time.

Last night was the symphony concert of Beethoven’s Ninth. It was great to hear it again. As I am not much a music critic, I can only say that they did a good job. It kept my interest and even Leroy was not tempted to fall asleep. I have sung that last movement, but that was maybe 15 or even 20 years ago. Can I be that old?

Now tonight we are going to a Valentine Dinner at church. Leroy and I are even dressing up. Hoping we are reading the clues correctly that people treat it that way.

After all of this the next nights will be more business as usual even if Leroy is working each of them. Next Friday will be his first night home in about two weeks.

Someone at church gave Leroy a bunch of stamps. He is quite excited as he did not have many of them. Apparently many are from the 1990’s and he did not collect much in those years. Now he haunts the post office waiting for the new issues. He is upstairs now sorting and arranging or whatever he does with them. It does not take much to make him happy, just a few bits of old paper.

We now have nine people in “my”, I should probably not claim it, the book discussion group. Personally I feel we should get a name as that is too many words to write all of the time. I suppose book club would do, but it seems unexciting even if descriptive.

Paula

No comments: