Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Bugs

Hello,

Those Asian beetle bugs feel they are part of the family. They visit much more than my family has, but they are not an acceptable replacement. When it warms up they come out from hidden places.

I was talking to Brian and Sophia the other day when I saw two of them crawling around on the window. Sophia wanted to know what I was doing, I told her, “I just threw two bugs out the window.”

“How did you do that?” she asked.

“I put a piece of paper in their path, they walked on, and I opened the window, put out the paper, shook it and they were gone.” I told her the full operation so she could get the picture.

“Why did they come in?” was her next question.

“I do not know since I did not invite them,” I said in exasperation, “They just came in uninvited.”

They congregate in the southwest bedroom. One day I took out more than twenty of them. I kept thinking I had found the last one only to spot three more.

Things for which I am grateful: I am grateful we do not sleep in this bedroom as I do not want bugs crawling over me as I sleep. They do not sting or bite. They seem quite content to be quiet. They are not ugly and huge. They do not eat plants. Hmm, just what do they eat; clothes, furniture, garbage? Maybe they are actually good and eating other insects I like even less than I like them.

Paula

No comments: