Sunday, January 24, 2021

Uplifting Day

Hello,

 

We started the day by a good session of shoveling snow that was about three inches deep but light and fluffy so it was an easy job. Early in the morning it was beautiful to be outside with the snow as a light reflecting blanket.

 

Later we went to church where issues of depression and low feelings were addressed. Certainly it is good for us to look at what our emotional state is from time to time.

 

We were called by some friends who wanted to walk today. They had just returned to town from helping their family after the birth of a new grandchild. It was great to see them again on our lengthy afternoon walk. This time we mostly stayed on the streets and saw some different scenery than usual on our walks.

 

Following that we went to pick up a hymnal that we had loaned to another friend. Besides getting the hymnal back we also were gifted with some, just out of the oven, bread pudding.

 

After I got home and on the computer to write to you, I decided to learn if I could Skype with my Slovakia friend. She, who goes to bed much later than I, was still up. We had a nice long chat as it has been quite some time since we last connected.

 

I also spent some time reading my book for the book club. It is called “The Hate U Give” by Angie Thomas. I am finding it quite interesting. I might even see the movie when I have finished the book. For my other book club we are reading some “escape” literature. I am thinking that is a good idea after so many serious books that I have read. Escaping the real world for a while sounds like a nice break.

 

Paula

No comments: