Saturday, January 16, 2021

House Plants

Hello,

 

My house plants help me to feel better on a daily basis. Today I read that it is really true that plants help people feel good. I like all the green ones, but the blooming ones lift my spirits even more. I have violets blooming almost continuously. There are two plants, if one is not blooming the other is. So they keep me blessed with a lovely purple. Then the pink Thanksgiving cactus is just getting started on its second round of blossoms. The first one opened yesterday. It will have several more before this is over. I thought it might not bloom again because the first time was so complete with almost every branch participating. So far I do not see any buds on the white one, but then it just finished blooming. Soon I will have an amaryllis blooming. It looks to be spectacular as the bud cases are quite large. The coleus that I brought in for the winter also blooms, but much smaller flowers. I tend to pinch them back because I want the plant to branch out. The spider or airplane plants also bloom producing babies that I do not know what to do with. If someone wants some, I could certainly share. Right now I have potted some plain green leaves, but I also have some striped so there is variety. The last blooming plant is an angel wing begonia that I got from a neighbor. They have them in a large pot every summer, but just let them freeze. This fall, I stopped and asked if I could have some slips from them. They had never thought about taking them in the house. They seemed quite happy to have me try this and let them know how it works. It took quite a while from them to get any roots. Some had no roots when I put them in the pot, but they have thrived. They bloom all of the time, but not as brilliantly as they do outside.

 

Here is that begonia.



 

Paula

No comments: