Wednesday, January 6, 2021

The Tree is back in the Box

Hello,

 

Yesterday was the last day of the Christmas season. We could have put the tree away, but just did not get to it until today. We have created a box of things that we are going to eliminate next year. Leroy could have put in a few more things, but I did not want to just yet. Maybe next year will be the right time. We actually had one box less to put away. Such a good thing!

 

The living room seems larger now. We dusted and vacuumed so it is for sure cleaner. It is nice to get that done when furniture is out of place. Plus we were both home so it was good to have some teamwork.

 

My family rarely had a tree up much before Christmas, but I do not remember when we took it down. We always had a live tree so the condition of the tree might have dictated the end day. Some years it looked better when it went out than when it came in. We had cedar trees from the farm so they were often a bit brown as they started life in the house. We watered them well.

 

Now Leroy is “working” on his stamps.  He always uses the word working, but I wonder when it is such a pleasure for him to do something with them. He got quite a few for Christmas so they have to find a home.

 

I will work three days this week. I wonder if I will be quite tired when done. I know that I had not worked at night for a while and Monday I was ready to be done about an hour before closing time.

 

Paula

 

I have just seen the news about the situation in DC. I pray for our country and peace.

No comments: