Sunday, January 3, 2021

Cleaning a closet

Hello,

 

Yesterday Leroy wanted to clean a room since we have not done that for a long time. We settled on doing just a closet. It was not a large closet, but we managed to take out quite a lot of things. We must be master packers. We did manage to get rid of some boxes so now there is a little more space in the closet. Is that scary? Do you know what happens when you have empty space? It gets filled by mysterious means when you are not paying attention.

 

Leroy is also talking about getting rid of some of his sports coats and one of his two suits. Since he retired from the ministry he does not very often wear them so a smaller number will be sufficient. I could also say that about some of my clothes. I do not now wear them to work since we are not open for people to come in, I figure I do not have to dress up very much. I attend church in whatever feels comfortable at home, consequently, no dressing for that either. Today I did wear a nice top because we had book club after church. I could only be seen from the waist up, I let the bottom half of me go in some old sweats, sloppy socks, and slippers. I will wait a while longer before getting rid of some clothes, because they might feel like new when we can once again be in groups, or even with small groups of people.

 

One thing about these times, I have not been buying any clothes except panties since some of them have left the drawer for the ragbag never to return.

 

Paula

No comments: