Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Sunny Day

Hello,

 

The sunshine seems to bring out the best in people. Leroy and I took a walk this afternoon after he came home from work. We saw a number of people out and about. Many of the walkers greeted us, smiled, and or waved. A few people looked familiar since we have met them on walks before. I was also pleased to note that almost every driver paused for us to cross ahead of them.

 

We tried to walk down to the lake, but the sidewalk under the interstate had not been cleared so we turned onto some side streets that we had never walked before. It was a little bit of an adventure, but of course we have lived here so long that we knew where we were and could make good decisions about the way we wanted to go.

 

We get hen eggs from a couple in the congregation. Today, when I got them from her, outdoors with good social distancing, she commented that with more daylight the chickens are laying more again. I said, “Thank you for the eggs.”

 

She replied, “Thank you for helping to use up some of them.”

 

It is hard to outdo some people because I think we get much more than we give.

 

Leroy and I both need about 1,000 steps to get to 10,000, but I think we will be able to manage that just around the apartment. I do have book club over the internet so that will mean a bit of sitting, but not all of the time.

 

Paula

No comments: