Sunday, January 17, 2021

Sun

Hello,

 

The sun is shining on the snow. It lifts my spirit. Leroy and I went out early to shovel the little bit of snow that had fallen, but more fell and the sun took care of most of it. I suppose we could have waited, but I like getting out. It is fun to shovel when there is just a small amount of light snow. It still looks nice out because there was still quite a bit of snow on the ground from the previous storm.

 

We took a long walk this afternoon and I almost wished that I had my summer sun hat on to shade my eyes. We had both put sunscreen on our faces.

 

In the few spots where the sun had not melted the snow on the path there were many footprints, both from humans and dogs. I found it interesting that the footprints direction indicate that people do keep to the right on the trail. I have found that to be true when we meet people, but it must be the majority. There was also a bicycle track. Some are heartier than I am as well as more daring. There were some slippery spots.

 

We saw a number of people on the trail. One person, we know and several of the rest we recognize their coats more than we recognize their faces. We say hello to almost all that we meet with either a verbal greeting or a wave. I am not sure why, but it makes me feel good to see people using the trail. We are grateful that it is only about two blocks from our house. If I were selling a house I would include that as a good thing.

 

Paula

No comments: