Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Scary Traffic Tales

Hello,

 

Earlier this week when I was driving home, I noticed that a semi was coming into my lane as I entered the interstate. Luckily the driver noticed me and stayed in the other lane. My heart was beating a little faster. Later on the “S” curves which are really an overpass, the semi in the next lane seemed to be coming more to my lane on the curve. This often happens so I stay well over to the side although there is not much side to get onto. I also slowed a little so I was not quite up with the cab. All at once that truck was coming into my lane. I put on the brakes, pulled over as much as I could without hitting the rail, and checked the rearview mirror to make sure I was safe from the car behind me. That car had also slowed a great deal. Before that big rig moved more than two feet into my lane, the driver must have spotted me and pulled back into his lane. Then I suspect because he was going too fast for the car in front of him he slipped into the left lane and sped away. I was happy to get home.

 

Today I went out to do some shopping. I approached a green light that was at the top of a short hill for me. Just as I started into the intersection, I heard a siren and saw bright blue and red flashing lights coming at me from the left. This time I slammed on my breaks hard enough to slide a little. The police car was not coming as fast as I had first thought, but it did go through the intersection ahead of me. I believe they would have stopped if I had not. Again my heart was racing.

 

The other day when I went to work, I saw two vehicles go the wrong way on a one way street. I even blew my horn, amazed that I found the horn, but the driver of that car did not stop. Later the worker truck that I saw turn onto the one way street slipped off to the side immediately, so perhaps they had done that deliberately. Traffic can be a heart stopping experience.

 

Paula

No comments: