Wednesday, January 13, 2021

The best weather day

Hello,

 

I understand tomorrow will have rain changing to snow. That does not excite me as I will be working and working means driving. I hope it all comes later in the day so I can just miss any excitement. I go at 8:00 am and come home 3:00 pm. hopefully daylight will also help. It is on these days that I envy Leroy because he can park in the parking garage at his work place so he never has to clean the car windows before he starts for home.

 

Leroy and I did get our 10,000 steps today. We took a walk to the church where we turned in a check and a magazine that we have finished with. All sidewalks were clear except a few places where we crossed streets. I know that those spots are hard to maintain because the snow plows often replace snow that was once removed. At the end of our block, Leroy took the shovel up and opened it up again. It is so nice to walk rather than climb into the intersection. With time those “hills” become slippery as more and more feet go over them. A few years ago one of us fell in just such a place. So we are extra cautious. Depending on the situation we try to avoid it.

We do have a spectacular icicle hanging from a gutter that was damaged during the derecho.

 


Paula

No comments: