Monday, October 26, 2020

Trip to Bike Shop

Hello,

 

Even though I do not like to shop on Sunday, we went to the bike shop because they have hours that make it difficult for both Leroy and I to go there. It is the shop where my prize is. Besides money I got a water bottle, patch, and bike jersey.  The jersey was too large. They did not let people in the shop the last time we were there so I went prepared to have Leroy hold my coat, etc. while I tried on another size. Temperatures were in the 30’s, but I figured I could handle it even though I wore a thin shirt that would be just fine for a few minutes. I was happy to learn that we could enter the shop with masks on, of course.

 

I got a smaller size shirt. It seems a little tight around the hips, but it will do. We told our helper that we would get a bike carrier for the car, but would like to wait until spring because our garage is not yet repaired from the storm. That is ok, but it is nice to think the carrier would not be vulnerable while they are working. The shop was just fine with that idea.

 


We looked at some other things and found a hat that Leroy can wear when he bikes in cold weather. It has ear flaps. In a former life I would have argued not to get it because of the price, but the new me with prize money in hand just did not consider the price much and Leroy did not even know what it was until we got home. It was a totally new feeling for me to buy without considering all sorts of issues: do we need it, what has he been using, is it worth the cost?

 


Formerly we probably would not have gotten it. I also looked at jackets and shorts for riding, but put that decision aside for a later day.

 

Paula

No comments: