Wednesday, October 7, 2020

I Won?

Hello,

 

Yesterday while out shopping my phone rang. Since it was Leroy’s ring tone, I thought I better answer. Much of the time I do not answer if I am shopping. But these days I do not ignore Leroy. I said, “Hello Leroy?”

                                                               

A male voice replied, “This is not Leroy.”

 

I thought in a bit of a panic, “What has happened to Leroy, why is someone else using his phone?”

 

The voice proceeded, “Everything is fine. I am Jim. I work with Leroy.”

 

My heart rate slowed down. As he proceeded to tell me that I had won second place in the raffle, my heart rate accelerated a bit. Wow! That is amazing. I got to chose between a nice amount to spend at a bike shop or a hot tub. Because we like bikes and have no place for a hot tub, it was an easy choice.

 

When Leroy bought the raffle tickets he, who does not usually buy such, said to me, “I don’t expect to win, but I want to support the museum.” He had to put my name on the ticket as employees could not win. I suspect he will get a new bike. He told me I could, but he has been talking about getting a foldable trike for some time now. That would be a bike that we could store even in the back seat of the smaller cars that we drive. That type of trike should fit in the garage. What a gift for us to enjoy spending. Someone had donated money and the bike shop added more for accessory purchases.

 

I cannot say I have never won anything. I did once win $100 at the grocery store which was great since we had all three children at home at the time and $100 went farther than it does now.

 

The phone named the caller Leroy because I have his work number in the phone under his name.

 

Paula

No comments: