Sunday, October 18, 2020

 

Seeing Family

October 18, 2020

 

Hello,

 

Miriam’s family is spending a bit of time in Minnesota with Brian’s family. We had also planned to be there some of the time, but because of the pandemic we just met in a state park that is mid way between our homes. That allowed us to be outside. It was a comfortable temperature, but the wind was rather fierce. Brian found a place where we could eat our picnic lunch. It was somewhat sheltered from the wind with two picnic tables. The younger people all sat at one table while Leroy and I sat at an adjacent table. That worked just fine for a sense of safety. Otherwise we all wore masks. We did take them off briefly to take a group picture. But we tried to hold our breath during that time. For other pictures we left them on. I think the wind was strong enough to ship away almost any germs before they could land on anyone else.

 


It was good to spend time with these people. Sorry that our daughter-in-law had to work so she could not be there. I managed to give the kids some of the things that are hanging around my house. It was great to pass on some treasures. If they do not keep them, I will never know. Now if I could just stop more things from coming into the house, I would be in good shape.

 

Brian did give us a picture puzzle that they did not need. More importantly he gave us some honey from his two hives. He had warned me that we probably would not get any honey this first year because it seemed there was not much honey. He was surprised to learn how much it was. It was quite good honey. Leroy and I were pleased to get it. We use quite a lot of honey. It, besides fruit is our main source of sweet.

 

Paula

No comments: