Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Printer Ups and Downs

Hello,

 

A friend gave us a printer. It worked for a while, but then it seemed to get fainter and fainter. Leroy decided he really wanted a laser printer rather than put money into new ink. I thought we could just live without a printer because it seemed to me we did not use it very often. We can get copies at work for either of us. It is not as instant as in the home, but ok with me. Finally he convinced me we needed this item.

 

I let him do all of the research, comparing, and ordering. He did ask me before he ordered if it was good. We did not get the most expensive or even one with color. We seldom need color. I glanced and just said, “Yes.”

 

The printer came. Leroy set it up. Sometime after it was here he realized that he cannot copy with this printer. Both of us just assumed that all printers could do this. It will print wirelessly and so we can print things from our phone.

 

I needed copies that were for two different photo IDs in order to get my bike prize money taxes taken off. Leroy thought I should come to his work place today and get that done. I suggested, “Take a picture with your phone, print it and see how it looks.”

 

It worked just great! Saved a bit of running around in my day and we both learned something. I do not know if it would have worked as well with something like a page of paper, but for these small things it was all we needed. Hurrah!

 

Paula

No comments: