Monday, October 5, 2020

Good Day

Hello,

 

This morning Leroy and I walked to church and back. I had a book that needed to be returned. Leroy joined me with his walking sticks and moved at almost a pre illness pace. Before we got home he was feeling the need to slow down, but I was happy that he make it on this two mile trek. We did stop at the community garden on the way home so that gave him a little down time.

 

All of the tomato cages are lying on the ground or they have been blown away. There are some tomatoes, but not very many. Leroy pulled two things that he thought were radishes, but we think they are really turnips.

 

I also picked some arugula and red Russian kale. I will have those as my salad. Can you imagine? I am using leaves that I had never heard of as a child. I like them quite a lot. It is great with the addition of some carrots, radish, cucumber, mushroom, cooked red lentils, sauerkraut and a bit of olive oil.

 

I work today from 1-8 PM.  I will have to see how it is to work the evening hours once more. It has been over six months since I have done that. I am happy to see the schedule only includes one evening for me. Before, I was there both Monday and Tuesday. Day time hours are nice, although I find I do not get as much done at home when I am there in the evening. When I am home, somehow evening seems like time off and morning is work time.

 

Paula

No comments: