Saturday, January 5, 2019

The History Center

Hello,



This afternoon we toured the History Center. It is located in a beautiful old home. It just opened this fall. Both Leroy and I were hoping for a bit more of the attractions there. I suppose it is like anything that is trying to get going, it must be small in the beginning. It is inexpensive but we were the only visitors there. I hope it is able to expand its offerings and keep going strong. I do not usually read each plaque in a museum, but I came close to doing that here. I did learn some things about the demographics of this area through history.



Last night was the church staff Christmas party. There is a white elephant gift exchange. Leroy was pleased that the item that he contributed was valued by the person who chose the wrapped gift. Mine was not so appreciated, but at least we have gotten a couple things out of the house. I got three theological books that I will not really look at, but I know where to pass them on. Leroy got a thing that is like a waterfall that can be in his office He is certainly going to try setting it up there. Hopefully he can figure it out successfully.



Today we took down the Christmas decorations with only a few disagreements as to how it should all go. At least we got things in the boxes more or less as they had come out of them about a month ago. Our living room seems larger now. I like that as I do not like to be so very crowded.



Paula

No comments: