Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Home Today

Hello,



I was happy to stay home even if the roads were good. I always like some time to myself to recharge. I have been reading, The Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly. It is about WWII females who live in New York, Poland, and Germany. The book blurb talks about them getting together, but it has not yet happened. As might be expected life is not an easy trip.



Today I learned that my action Team request was granted to gather donated non-food items for a meal site/homeless center. I will get some money that I can supplement things that were not donated. I will ask the church choir to join me in this endeavor. This insurance/financial company is nonprofit so they must give money away. I am happy that my community can benefit from that. Hopefully it will not require too much work.



I did hear a talk from the leader of the local shelter organization. They are trying to move from just giving people things to helping them be self sustaining. That, unfortunately, is a long arduous process. In the meantime people still need help.



Some of the item requests must be used by the organization itself as it is copy paper and file folders. Or would individuals need those things too?



I work tomorrow and I have seen a prediction in one place that it might snow starting tomorrow or Friday. I am voting for Friday since I do not work on Friday. I usually grocery shop on Friday, but I could put that off for another day. We have enough food in the house to last for a bit of time.



Brian had surgery on a torn ACL. The surgery was successful, but now he is to recover for some time.



Paula

No comments: