Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Family Picture

Hello,



Happy New Year! I even managed to get the 9 up there instead of the 8.



Saturday morning Sarah got an appointment for us to have a family picture taken. It is so much easier when the kids are at this moveable age. It all went quite smoothly. It took less time then was expected so we just kept asking for more shots of different groupings because we were paying by the hour. It was fun. Leroy and I had a picture taken of just the two of us. As we were waiting, Leroy kissed me on the forehead. The photographer suggested that he do that for one of the shots. Then in another he kissed me full on the mouth. The grandchildren whooped and hollered. Guess they had not really seen much of that before. In our immediate family, I am the oldest person. Somehow it hit me this time that no one will pass me, until I die I will be the oldest person. The youngest can always expect others to come into that position, but not the oldest.



After spending time in the natural history museum, where I saw a new exhibit, we had lunch before splitting up. Leroy, Sarah, Stephen, and Natalie went back to the house, Leroy to nap and I am not sure what the others did. The rest of us spent time on the national mall. I was pleased to see one thing that I had not seen before and that is the monument to Einstein. I had seen all of the other things several times except for the monument to Martin Luther King Jr. I had seen it once before. Again I was impressed with the quotes that were on the walls.



All in all I walked over 13,000 steps. Glad to have that tracker checking on that.



Paula

No comments: