Friday, January 18, 2019

Storm Coming

Hello,



This morning I headed out for my weekly grocery shopping. Little did I know that many people would join me at this time. Usually there are only a few people at the store, which is why I like to go at that time. My first clue came as I drove into the parking lot to find my favorite spot filled, along with almost every other parking spot. I am not sure that I can explain it, but the store did not seem as crowded as I expected. Perhaps it will accommodate many more than I realized. Sometimes it was necessary to wait before I could reach my lettuce or mushrooms, otherwise I moved around in the usual way. Somehow the atmosphere was almost festive. Anyone I noticed was very polite and accommodating to others.



I have known that people go to the store to get supplies before a storm, but I had not really participated in such a phenomena. Last weekend it was so difficult to get around after the storm. That might have spurred people to believe the weather prediction. While standing in the checkout line, the woman behind me commented that she had come just because of the storm. She had the usual milk and eggs in her cart along with a number of other things. She also confided that she had come without a list so the number of items just kept growing as she went around the store.



When I was growing up on the farm we had many food items available.  I had no idea that people went to the grocery store before a storm.



Paula

No comments: