Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Another Drive

Hello,



Yesterday the drive to work was just fine. All vehicles on my route had been removed from the ditch. Thank all those helpers: snow plow drivers, police, tow trucks, ambulances, hospitals, and sometimes the stranger. We are dependent on each other to live.



After I had been at work for two hours, a couple came in looking for some materials that they were going to take with them to MN. They had just heard on the news that an ice storm was coming in the evening and into the next day. I get off work at eight and the rain was to start at six. Not happy news, but then one of my coworkers looked at the weather and the prediction was that it was to start at midnight. Happy news!



At about 6:30 a patron commented, as she was leaving, that it had been a light mist when she came. Not happy news! I called Leroy to learn the precipitation conditions in Cedar Rapids. Leroy said, “There was a light mist when I came home. I will go out and see what is happening now.”



He reported that there was nothing coming down. Happy news!



At eight when I went out the sidewalk was not slippery, however the car windows were coated with a mist falling. I am grateful for the inventors of all the scrapers, brushes, etc. that can be use to clear the windows. With caution I went on the road driving under the posted speed limit. The windshield wipers need to work from time to time to allow an open field of vision. A car started following me, but did not pass. The two additional cars also stayed in formation. There were some places of passing possibility, but perhaps they were a bit cautious also, even though they had caught up. Again I was grateful to get home without incident.



Grateful for our downstairs friends who had the garage door fixed so I could pull right in. So much to be thankful for each day.



Paula

No comments: