Saturday, January 26, 2019

Home Early


Because of Internet/Modem problems this was not sent until now 

Hello,



My trip to work was ok even though it is quite cold and windy. As soon as I got on the interstate brake lights ahead went on. I made a quick decision and got off at the next exit. Really I was on one of those ramps where people are coming on as the same lane provided an exit a bit farther ahead. It was a good place for me to get off as I know my way around this part of town. My brain just did regular work instead of an uphill climb. I took a bit longer going to work, but was still not late because I always allow plenty of extra time.



It was not long after the library opened that someone reported that the road had a lot of snow blowing on it. More people confirmed that report as the morning went on. Then school was closed early. I decided to go home at the same time as the early closing. I was pleased that the road did not have much snow on it that was probably because of the strong wind blowing across it, keeping the snow moving. That wind was both a friend and not a friend as it could easily move the car if I were not paying attention.



I did slip a little getting into the garage, but nothing of note. However I went out and used the ice scraper on my side of the garage. At the same time that I was out I expressed gratitude in my mind for the neighbor doing the snow blowing even though I am not sure who it was. With a cap on, etc. I am not sure of his identity.



Luckily I do not go to work tomorrow when the temps and wind chill is to be quite low. Leroy will go, but only three miles so I think he will be ok.



Paula

No comments: