Monday, April 30, 2018

Porch Windows and Butter



Hello,



Saturday I washed the two porch windows because sometime in the winter a bird had pooped on one of them. That splatter always caught my eye and irritation when I was on my way to somewhere. So with the nice weather I was happy to have the breeze blowing in and the dirt going out. Leroy even came down and helped me by vacuuming a little in the area. I pulled out a wooden toy/storage box that we keep there. For some reason there was a bit of dirt and debris that had accumulated behind it, can you imagine? When I was done with the windows I used the remaining water to wash the floor a bit. I now have a happy feeling every time I walk into this area. No visible bird poop and not so much dirt/dust.



Last night I was looking for something in the freezer when I said, “I am going to use this butter that I had last year when Miriam’s family was here. At that time Andy complained about it being stale or freezer burned. I cannot explain why it could still be in the house when they come again this summer.”



Actually I can explain, Leroy and I do not use butter or margarine for any reason. I buy it for those times when we have company. Obviously that does not happen often enough. If we want something on bread we use peanut butter. Or we might pretend to be Slovaks and just eat plain bread.



At any rate that butter has been my possession for a long time. There are still two sticks or half of the pound to use. It will be a serious challenge for me/us to use this in two months. Leroy grew up eating margarine and seems to prefer that, if given a choice. Even though it is so old, I cannot throw it away. I must use it. It can be hard to be tied to one’s principles, especially those that were acquired as a child. Childhood principles can be seriously ingrown.



Paula

No comments: