Sunday, April 15, 2018

Eyes

Hello,



My eyes have been checked. They are healthy, but sight is limited, however new glasses bring it close to the optimal level. Because I can still see to read and do things that are close it means the cataracts are not hampering my life enough to have them taken away. The new glasses could be available in 10 days or three weeks. The ten day figure appeals to me, but I have no control over the outcome. New frames will be acquired as well. The guy who was helping said, “There is no longer a lab in town where they will put the lens in your frames. We can do that in the office here, but we do not guarantee results with your strong prescription.”



I threw caution to the wind and selected, with help, new frames. This guy seemed quite comfortable saying which frames looked best on me. With my strong lens, frame options are rather limited. Only three were looked at. I just hope he and Leroy have that good eye. One nice thing they did have mirrors on the wall so I could walk right up to it to see myself, but the view is a little distorted because of the necessary of being so close with clear glass in the samples.



We are members of AARP. That means we got 20% off, if I had only gotten the lens it would have been just 10% off. So that made it a little easier to handle. Again I got extras that added dollars to the total. I get charged extra for those strong lenses. I pay to have them be as light and thin as possible. I got special no glare lens.  I also get the no line bifocals as well as the lens which are sunglasses when needed. I wear these everyday so it is not like buying a dress that I will only wear once or twice. Just justifying the cost!



I will be grateful that they are there helping me every day. My life would change radically if they were not on my face seeing with me. I am grateful for all the inventors who have worked to make this a normal life for me.



Paula

No comments: