Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Saturday Work

Hello,



Last Saturday, I was relaxed in my preparations to go to work because I leave an hour later on Saturday. I had a vague feeling that I was forgetting something, but did not think of anything important. After I got to work and started settling in I realized that I had forgotten to bring my lunch. I could buy lunch in town, but I was the only one working on Saturday, so leaving the library was not an option.



Sometimes someone will bring some random food item to share with people at the library. I was hoping Saturday would be the day. However, no one got my mental message.



I was grateful that I had filled my snack bag with the nut and date mixture. They were my morning snack, lunch, and afternoon snack. Certainly not much variety, but filling none the less.



I was not very busy with patrons, but had a bit of my desk work to do so I was able to keep myself busy. It seemed to me to be an interesting observation that almost all of the patrons before noon were males. In the afternoon most were female with children. Could one make a theory about such? If so, what would those theories be since we really have no idea why anyone chose the time.



One of the women, who came in the afternoon, an older woman, was disappointed that my boss was not there because she wanted some help with her husband’s tablet. “Do you know much about computers?” she asked.



“Depends on what the problem is,” I responded.



“It will not let him on Fb,” she said.



She had the password so we could open the tablet. She then said, “It is in airplane mode. Why he would do that I do not know.”



I was able to show her how to get out of airplane mode and how to turn on the wifi. She had a password for his FB account, but the message was that it was incorrect. I told her, “If you get the right password from him, it should work. Or this is how you get a new password from the company.”



I hope it all worked, at least I did not hear from her again. I was pleased with myself. There were many things she could have needed for which I would have been no help. Did I look smarter than I am?



Paula


No comments: