Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Newsletter, talking, owl



Hello,



I delivered almost ¾ of the neighborhood newsletters that are my responsibility. By the time I got home I had over 10,000 steps on my tracker. I will admit to being a bit tired. I work tomorrow and Saturday. I saw a prediction that it could rain on Friday so I am not sure when I will finish the job. Sunday we are to have a neighborhood clean up if it does not snow as predicted.



While I was out delivering the newsletters I was putting one under a mat by a front door when the door opened, startling me. It was a neighbor who was just getting his mail. He seemed pleased to get the newsletter when I handed it to him. At another house a guy was sitting on his porch. I was able to hand the paper to him. That makes it nice since then I know it stays where I put it until it is retrieved. This particular man told me he had had a stroke so he does not get out much. He was certainly in a mood to talk. I visited for a while before I remarked that I must move on. I feel a little guilty about that, but I knew I have several more to deliver.



On the walk home I heard an owl hooting. I stopped, searched the tops of the trees in the direction of the sound, but saw nothing except a crow flying around. Perhaps the crow was annoying the owl. A couple days ago I heard an owl closer to the house, but that was at night when it seems right to hear owls. I am glad that they have been able to survive in the city or perhaps they just fly in for a visit. I was pleased to learn that my guess of it being a barred owl agreed with the sounds I was able to find online. How did we manage before the computer and the internet was so ubiquitous?



Paula

No comments: