Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Bradway Health Report


Hello,

Leroy has had the second squamous cell carcinoma removed from his leg. It was a small one and it only took one pass to eliminate it. He is in no pain although he is supposed to treat it with respect and not do any biking for three weeks. He cried a little about that, but recovered from that loss. The surgeon also told Leroy that he can expect more of these visitors on his legs as he has already had two in about the same spot.

Yesterday after the extraction, he stayed home and watched movies. He tells me he was quite tired in the evening. I personally suspect that it was from too much inactivity. His spirit does not know how to handle that. Today he went back to work with the idea that he would put his leg up when he could. Those mostly sit down jobs can be done with a certain amount of disability.

Last night I got up to go to the bathroom. We never turn on lights for such a trek. My toes smacked into a bookcase in the hall. It was quite a toe stub pain that shot up to my brain. “Pay attention!” was the response from the head.

I managed to miss any other hazards on the rest of the trip. However my toes still hurt after I got in bed, but not enough to keep me awake for long. This morning when I stepped on that poor abused foot, I could still feel some discomfort. It was particularly noticeable in morning Tai Chi class as the toes are bent in various poses. Healing will come and I have learned a lesson for a while, “Pay attention when walking around in almost darkness.” In time I will feel totally confident and zoom along at a reckless speed and disregard once more.

Paula

No comments: