Wednesday, April 25, 2018

New Glasses and Switching Cars


Hello,



We had gotten a call on Monday that my new glasses were in, but forgot to check messages. Today was a good day to get the new glasses. When I first tried them on there was a blurry area on one lens. Luckily that was a smear. It took a bit of adjusting to get it lined up correctly. I thought I would more quickly notice how well I could see, but that was not the case. Perhaps I just take it for granted. I will have to say that they are a smaller area lens than my old glasses and I notice that. They are quite thick at the edges. But I can see. I have some old clip-on sunglasses that I use in the car since the progressive lens does not darken so much there. The new lens on the left is so thick that the clip does not go around it. I will have to figure out a solution or maybe these new ones are better than the old were.



Hopefully they will last for quite some time. It is a lot of money, but it keeps my life very normal. I may not have a Kate Spade bag, but I have Kate Spade glasses. Do you think that guy only showed me the most expensive frames, or was it right that only three worked with my prescription, face and what I might like? I opted for the second costliest.



Leroy has switched cars with me because I was excited when I drove the newer car at night. The lights are so much better that I felt much more comfortable. I drive home from work two nights and have appreciated the new view.



The hard part of changing cars from time to time is knowing which car I am in and whether I should be shifting or not. The more difficult time was when I drive the shift car and could not figure out why it would not start. It was because I had not engaged the clutch. How quickly new habits are formed! I also like using the radio on the new car.



I got the car washed at a place where human beings clean it out and dry it. They put on the hazard warning lights which I had not noticed until I pulled out on the busy street. Since I had never used them on this car, I could not immediately see the button to turn them off. I had to quickly pull off on a side street and come to a stop before I did a more thorough search. Now I know where that button is so I will be prepared if I should need them in the near future. The far future is a matter of forgetting.



Paula

No comments: