Friday, April 6, 2018

Friday Shopping

Hello,



The first part of my shopping moved quite speedily. I do not spend much time looking at things that are not on my list. As I have mentioned before shopping is not something high on my list of fun activities.



At the grocery store I was amazed at the number of cars in the parking lot. “What was going on?” I wondered. In the store it was not much of a deal until I got to the check out where many people seemed to have landed at once. They opened an additional lane, but people ahead of me moved over there. I looked at the other lines and decided to stay where I was. In this store we put our own groceries up on the conveyer belt. The woman ahead of the woman ahead of me had not removed anything from her almost full cart and it was her turn. I grabbed my purse off my cart, slipped ahead of the woman ahead and told the other woman I would help her unload her cart, both to move the line and I was wondering if she has some not obvious health issues. She did not seem pleased with the help. “Do you think it will take so long?” she asked.



Because she had not told me to help or not, I said, “Well it could be awhile,” as I started putting her things on the belt while the checker was waiting for some action.



This woman did not crack a smile or seem pleased, so I suppose I overstepped my bounds. However the woman ahead of me smiled broadly as I proceeded back to my cart.



While I was putting my groceries up the checker moved one of those portable dividers in the slot and come close to getting my fingers. She apologized. I said, “You missed me, you will have to try harder next time.”



The people, who were close enough to hear, burst out laughing.



The car needed gas and the station on the way home had a good price so I pulled up to the pump only to see, after I got out in the cold gale blowing on the top of the hill that I was driving the car with the gas cap on the other side of the car. I burst out laughing at myself.



For some reason it took some thought about how I should maneuver around to be properly lined up for fueling. I put in my card. The display on the pump wanted my zip code, and did I have my rewards card. I had already done this before. My poor fingers and head were complaining about the cold, but I got that done.  Now, however, it did not work saying my credit card was not valid. I groaned and hopped in the car driving to a station that was close but beyond my home from this direction.



At least here the wind was not so fierce and I felt much more comfortable going through the steps, however this time I told the pump that I had a debit card, which I really did not; I had gotten the wrong button. Now I must see the attendant. She asked, “How can I help?”



When I told her about my dilemma she just laughed with me. I asked to do a prepay which was not a big issue. Finally I got gas in the car and I could go home.



Paula

No comments: