Friday, April 27, 2018

Outside

Hello,



Today, I did manage to spend some time outdoors. Two loads of clothes dried on the line. I have recently talked to two people who have commented that they cannot hang out clothes where they now live. It is written in a policy for the neighborhood. When and why did clothes drying in the wind become such a negative? I see it as a very big positive. Both for giving me an excuse to be outside enjoying nature as well as the help it gives to the earth. Some things have gotten changed around in our minds. It would appear that some feel clothes dryers that are mechanical contribute to the luxury and the good life so much that clothes lines are banned.



Where will Leroy and I live when we do retire? Will I be able to do the things that I value such as hanging out clothes and having a garden? There are certainly many issues to consider besides what city should we live in.



In the afternoon, I went out and walked just the street in front of our house while picking up trash. It was fairly clean, but I still managed to fill a grocery bag full which I transferred to the large bag from the city. I know someone else who picks up trash when they walk. They told me they do not pick up cigarette butts. I did pick them up even though extra effort is required because of the small bit of stuff, however when we picked trash up with the college students one of them told me about the damage that those stubs do to the environment.  I cannot remember the details, but it was not good, so I made the effort and picked them up.



Leroy is outside now working in the raised bed gardens in front of the house. We have not planted anything yet, but that will happen soon. I do have chives and winter onions that are ready to harvest. That pleases me.



Paula

No comments: