Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Dentist Visit

Hello,



I had my semiannual dental check this morning. I like getting that done because my teeth are so much cleaner than when I walked in the door. Also I like my dentist and the hygienist. It is a good feeling too when everything checks out to be good. Isn’t it amazing how long our body parts last even with benign neglect?



Before I left the house I was a little concerned because sleet and rain had come down for some time. It was a bit slippery to walk to the garage, but the streets were not slippery. Is that because there is so much traffic keeping the road surface warmer? At any rate, I was pleased that it was safer than I had expected.



Leroy went to work before the winter weather settled in. I consider him a spoiled guy because he gets to park in the museum garage. Consequently when he is ready to come home, he does not have to scrape the windows, but just gets in and drives.



I did wipe off the back car window when I came out of the dentist’s office. I stopped at a grocery store on the way home. I scratched the ice off the outside rearview mirrors before I got back in the car. I just used my finger nails so it was not thick ice. When I got home I cleaned off the back up camera as it was difficult to see around the water spots. Hopefully all this will be gone tomorrow when I go to work once again. Yoga is at 8:00 so I must leave fairly early, however all those people going to Iowa City will surely mean that the interstate is good. I am not so sure about the road to Ely. There is always a lot of traffic coming toward me, but not much on my side of the road.



I just got a note that there will be no choir practice tonight. I had been wondering if we would dare walk on the sidewalk or if we must take the car. Instead we will sit in the chair. Should I be walking around now?



Paula

No comments: