Saturday, April 7, 2018

Missing Sock

Hello,



Because the carcinoma was taken off Leroy’s shin the surgeon suggested that he get some compression socks. Even though our friends recommended getting some for the long flight to Europe, we did not do that. Now I am thinking we could have gotten a bit more wear out of them.



Leroy only got two pairs as he felt he could wash them out over night. Instead I did a load of black clothing and included them. That was easy, but hard on my sense of schedule as I “never” wash clothes in the evening. I had some wool socks in there that I always hang up so I decided to hang these as well since they needed a cool dryer. One pair was up on the rack very quickly, followed by one sock. I kept expecting to find the fourth sock, but it did not appear. I went back and searched in the washer, followed by a search in the dryer. Then I checked the clothes rack carefully, but that sock did not appear. I have heard all about socks disappearing in the wash, but I had not often experienced that, especially after our children left home. I complained to Leroy, “Where could it be?”



Leroy looked in the same places, but also did not find it. I finally got a flash light and found that sock hanging on the bottom of the clothes rack in plain sight!



Today I washed those socks again and looked for them so I could hang them on the rack. But one sock was missing. I checked the dryer and found it tucked up against another item that could take a little more heat. I rescued it and put it on the rack to dry. Do you think it just does not like the rack? Sound too much like a torture device?



Paula

No comments: