Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Summer is here

Hello,



Summer is here, but it may be only for a day or two before some other change blows in. This morning the down comforter came off the bed, the duvet is washed along with the pillow shams. Both Leroy and I were too hot last night.



Even though my body would like more gradual changes, I know I should not complain. I saw a note from a friend who lives in Nigeria where the temperature was 110 F. That luxury, air conditioning, is not a part of their life. I now say, “Adjust body and get over it.”



The temperature in the house is fine; however I do know that some are running the air conditioning. Amazing that a short week or two ago we were getting snow with furnace function as a priority.



The blooming trees are showing forth their beauty. I like to go somewhere and be surprised by the display.



Since his skin cancer removal, Leroy has just now started to ride his bike to work. He seems quite pleased to be back in the saddle. I have not ridden my bike since last November or October.  Suspect my seat will be sore for a while when I do.



I am not sure why I did not go out today. It would have been nice to go down by the lake. Leroy tells me that the geese have hatched. I always enjoy seeing the babies.



Paula

No comments: