Friday, May 18, 2018

Internet and Phone

Hello,



Last night when I tried to get on the Internet it could not happen. Our home phone is powered by the modem and it also could not work. That meant I had no connection to the outside world from my home. Such a narrow existence! When Leroy came home we at least had his cell phone. This morning I thought about the millions of people who live with that on a daily basis. I can survive without these luxuries, but I do not want to do so.



I unplugged the modem several times when the phone finally started to work or at least I could call Leroy’s cell phone, however he did not answer since he was sitting right there. He was also able to call the home phone which I did not answer because we were in the same room. Internet was not available on the computer. This morning there was no phone once more. Leroy and I both rebooted the modem several times. Leroy had the lucky touch and the phone came on once more. After he left the house I tried to call him, but the connection was static city. The internet did not come up. Finally about an hour later the internet was on, but I could not access the phone company to chat.



Just now I did that and learned that this Iphone phone was not compatible. To buy another flip phone is only $20. I am wondering if I should do that so I can use the $80 that I figure I still have with my old phone. Or should I sign up with another company and if I ever find my old phone reactivate it and use it for calls? Life has more decisions than I want to deal with. I think I will go read a book. Is that called escape?



Paula

No comments: