Monday, May 28, 2018

On The Move

Hello,



This morning, Leroy and I again went on an early morning bike ride. It is truly the coolest time of the day in many ways. We saw several geese families with teenagers getting their fill of something hidden in the grass. Leroy spotted a bright blue bird. We are not sure of the species, because we zoomed past too fast to identify, but the color was eye appealing.



The flowers were still blooming, adding to the beauty of the day. We ride around the lake and along the trout stream for a good distance. The stream section is shaded by the trees. I did put my fitbit in my pants pocket so it recorded 6,000 steps for me even thought I was riding the bike.



Close to our house we went on up the trail so that I had a trip of 11.89 miles. I am now confident that on Saturday I will be able to ride the 12 miles to work. That harder part might be coming home, especially if it is still up in the 90’s. Leroy has assured me that he could come get me if needed. I could even start on the journey home. There are several places on the trail that he could connect with me. Course once I am out there, I am not likely to call him, but will just keep encouraging myself.



We do go to the symphony in the evening, but it is late enough that I will have time to shower and eat. Mahler will be the featured artist. It reminds me of a time at the symphony in Bratislava. I had thought my cell phone was off. Even though Mahler wrote many loud and boisterous pieces, my phone rang in a quiet place. I got a lot of glares, especially from the Austrians. At least they did not know my name.



Paula

No comments: