Saturday, May 26, 2018

Outside

Hello,



Leroy announced he was going for a bike ride at 6:00am. I went along and was so glad that I did. It was the most pleasant time of day with cool temperatures and few bugs. If we could just bottle and keep that it would be great.



It is so beautiful at this time of year I do like to go out and soak in the green of the leaves and grass. Along the bike trail we rode past one place that was awash in white and lavender colored tall phlox. It reminded me of taking a mountain hike in Slovakia with a guy who knew the names and seasons of many wild flowers. What a blessing!



This evening we went for a walk which became abbreviated because of the gnats, flies and other unidentified aero-bombers. Usually a walk is relaxing and refreshing for me. Today I was just happy to get back in the house. I am grateful for the air conditioning that works.



I hung clothes out this morning and battled with the seasonal gnats that saw me as a target. The one good thing about them is that they are only around for about two weeks or so.



Leroy had intended to work on bikes today, but decided that he could not deal with all of the gnats so he read a book and started another. Seems to me, that guy reads too fast.



Even though we rode eight miles this morning, my Fitbit does not register the biking as moving so it looks as if I was somewhat of a slacker today.



Paula

No comments: