Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Tech Works

Hello,



After a long stretch of no this or that, all seems to be working. The internet has been strongly available for the last two days. The green lights are on, steady, and holding.



This morning I talked on the phone with a cell phone service agent who was able to get my phone working. Yesterday I spoke with a woman, who easily reactivated my service, but she was unable to get my phone connected, however she gave me a special number to call along with a code so I could speak to someone. Apparently it was an upper lever tech person. I only spent about 10-15 minutes with the guy this morning before he was successful. He called my phone a smart phone. It is a flip phone, he explained when I protested, with a different operating system. It seems that is the reason the connection was not working. Something needed to be changed from my old phone operating system. I will have to learn how to use this phone since it does not work just as my old model did. Those brain cells just keep getting a workout.



On Sunday Leroy put up, temporarily, our rain gauge and wind velocity recorder. The reason they are temporary is that he did not have time to do the secure method and he is not sure about the best place to put them.



They work. We could see how much it was raining almost at the moment it rained. The wind has hardly been blowing; also that gauge is in a rather protected spot. Which we knew, but we still wanted it up. The highest recorded wind speed is four mph. It is fun. By pushing a button we can see the rain and wind levels for the last hour, day, week, month or year. How is that for up town? I had no idea I would think this was so much fun. In the past I was just fine, knowing only the temperature which allowed me wear the appropriate clothing and feel comfortable.



Paula

No comments: