Saturday, May 12, 2018

Cleaning the Kitchen

Hello,



Leroy and I had been planning to take a three mile walk this morning, but woke to gloom and much moisture in the air. I went out to transplant some impatiens that I had kept over the winter. I had early broken off a number of small branches and they rooted nicely. I am looking forward to having them grow at a great rate. The next few days are to be quite warm so that should give them a boost. I also transplanted some coreopsis that were being crowded out. Hoping they like their new home and flourish. While I was working outside, more drops started to come down.



I next started some granola. At that point I asked Leroy if he would help me do a deep clean on the kitchen. He agreed. After moving out any moveable things he swept down the ceiling and the walls with a clean cloth on a sweeper that I once purchases for hard wood floors that we no longer have in our dwelling.



It was great to get all of these places clean. It was quite close to lunch time so we took a break for that. I am always surprised that Leroy does not do things my way when it is the most logical method. These days he even sticks up for himself, claiming that he has some sense. We have a great time working together, especially as long as we keep the tone light.



I will have to clean the inside of the cupboards on another day. Those I can do all on my own. Doing the ceiling bothers my neck after a while so I like to have him do that. I was amazed at how much dust we found behind and under things that are almost never moved. It was great to have help moving all of these things. It made for a lot of steps. I walked a half mile to the grocery store. Now I have almost 10,000 steps done.



Paula

No comments: