Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Fitbit on, phone still gone


Hello,



I got a new battery for my Fitbit and it came right to life once more. It looks as if I sat around for the last three days, but I know that is not true. I have been moving because it is not just the device that makes me move. I bought a different company’s batteries so I am hoping that will improve the length of the charge.



It felt strange to drive to work, go shopping, and deliver some of the neighborhood newsletters without my phone beside me. Amazing how much I count on that small device to help me out if I need it. When did that dependence happen? Is it a life saver? Is it more important than God?



The other day I realized that I can lose things that I had never even heard of 20 years ago. That means I lived just fine for fifty years without them and did not truly think about their lack.



My new glasses are so thick that I cannot get clip-on’s to work on them when in the car. I am thankful that I got the transition lens even though I had read somewhere that that is a sign of old people, well, looking old is better than no sunglasses. Today while out shopping I thought to look for some sunglasses that would fit over my glasses. There was even a rack of marked down glasses. I found two that I liked, but could not decide between them. There was another woman there. I asked her what she thought was best. She told me her opinion which went with the most comfortable pair. Now I should be able to drive without squinting and trying to avoid the sun. I got my purchase at the self check. This particular pair of glasses was not marked down in price, but I know that customers move things around sometimes. I paid for them and left the store only to set off the alarm as I went through the exit door. Apparently these sunglasses had a security code on them. Because I had picked up the recite I was fine to leave.



Paula

No comments: