Sunday, May 6, 2018

Rhubarb and Screens

Hello,

Leroy and I planted some early crops in our new community garden spot. There were a lot of grass roots along with some rocks in there. Our volunteer who tiled had a hard job. Leroy lucked out by having his leg not be quite healed so someone else did it. While we were there I went over to the old garden spot which has a mountain of dirt on it. Last year we had transplanted some rhubarb there. It is growing nicely this year so I picked some of it because we never know when machines will came to tackle the mountain. Chances are good that the rhubarb will get run over in the process. We will try to transplant it once more. There was one arugula plant that was growing quite nicely the last time I looked at that garden. Even though it was going to seed already I picked quite a lot of it. The winter onions are also in great shape. The machines did not run over their home or they just could survive. At any rate I picked one of them and it was quite tasty. Some of them will be moved to the new garden spot. I am hoping that lamb’s quarters in a bit more time.



I like to take the screens off the windows for the winter. I like looking out the clear glass. It has gotten hot so suddenly. Both of us are hesitant to open the windows in the morning to let in the cool night air. I did put on two screens earlier and today we got out eight more. That leaves only two more to get out. I will also wash the windows before I get out the last two screens.



I try not to work on Sunday, but this was the exception for a while. Leroy helped too and that made it all move along faster than when I work alone.



Paula

No comments: