Thursday, January 11, 2018

Weather

Hello,



I headed off to work in a balmy 46 degrees. Seven other people came to yoga amid talk of the changes to come. Some commented that they wanted to leave while it was still fine outside. We did all of the things that were to be covered and the weather was still holding.



I have to work until three in the afternoon so I was not too concerned as the prediction was that it would be bad in the morning and then clear up a bit. We did get rain that turned to freezing rain, but not very much before it changed to sleet and then moved on to snow. I am still amazed at how I did not feel very concerned about it. Course it was not deep. My boss called to tell me she was coming in to work and I could leave at any time. She asked that my younger co-worker wait until she arrived to keep the place open with a possible early closure.



I finished what I was working on before I watered the plants which is my volunteer job. My boss got there before I had finished.



I predicted that the hardest job would be cleaning the ice off the windshields. It was a task indeed. I seldom have the car run while I am getting ready to drive, but it was such a struggle to get through that ice now that the temperature was below 20. So I turned the car on to have it help me. Luckily it was not so very thick. Soon I managed to get it all off. The mirrors were a task as well, but the heat seemed to help.



The drive home was uneventful but quite slow. However, I did not put the car in the garage as that incline seemed like it could be a problem. I attacked it with shovel, ice scrapper, and broom before it appeared clear, at least I was not slipping by standing on it. I carefully lined the car up so I would not have to turn the wheel and went right up. Such a relief! I even cleaned off Leroy’s side of the garage entrance as well. Both cars are parked under the shelter and closed in away from the wind.



Paula

No comments: