Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Lost Passport

Hello,

Leroy and I were busy repacking our bag with the freshly laundered clothes when I noticed Leroy's passport on the dresser along with his bus pass. "Where did I put my passport?" I wondered as I started to look in the most obvious place.

A slight panic hit me as I looked in some of the other pockets of my carry on bag. No passport. I knew I had gotten it out of the file and moved it. Next I moved on to looking in the suitcase, but no passport came to light. Panic was growing as I started to wail a little. Taking everything out of the bag seemed like a good idea, but then decided to look in the file in case I had put it back. I also looked in the spot where I store my bus pass. No pass. "Have I done something stupid, and put them in a weird place?" I said as I held back tears.

All clothes came out of the suitcase, all pockets were searched again and again with more speed and ferocity. In the same timee visions of me staying home and waving good-bye to Leroy as he left alone to go on this wonderful trip, danced in my head. Finally I just stopped and cried, "What could have happened? I know I got the passport out and I know that I had the bus pass when I went to Miriam's in Dec."

The bus pass is a small matter I can just pay for the ticket, but the passport is another bigger concern, no going into the other countries without that document. Finally I went through the carryon bag more carefully and found it nestled down, out of sight hiding behind a little notebook almost its size. Relief rushed in. Later I noticed how tired I was because of all this emotional energy flying out the window. We never did find the bus pass, but I just used money and it worked fine.

Paula

No comments: