Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Miracle Mittens

Hello,



Many years ago I bought, at Target, some leather mittens that had fingers inside. They, almost immediately, became my favorite ever. When that first pair got a rip or whatever that showed extreme wear I searched long for a replacement. One day I happened to be at Target and there were my mittens. I promptly bought them, grateful for having spotted them. They were even on sale so just under $20. What a bargain as it is now about ten years, or more from that purchase date. This well loved and appreciated pair is becoming thin.



Sometimes I talk about and show my lovely mittens. No one else on the planet with whom I interact seems to have heard of such an item. Today I thought to wear these mittens to Target with the purpose of learning more about getting another replacement pair. The young women who helped me had never seen such a thing. One of them thought it a wonderful idea.



I just checked the internet and no such mittens are offered on the Target website. I did, however, find them on another company website. These mittens look almost identical to the pair I have. The only issue is that they cost $60. There was another pair that I would like to see in person because they seemed to be about the same with the additional ability to use my nonexistent smart phone, but they cost $89. If I would like these mittens and have them for as long as I have had this pair the cost per year would not be so bad. What to do?



I believe that, originally, I just happened to be in the right place at the right time twice and three times is too much to hope for. I am grateful for the wonderful companionship I have had with these mittens.



Paula

No comments: