Sunday, January 21, 2018

Hot Air Balloon and Travel Issues

Hello,



Yesterday on the way to the car wash we saw a hot air balloon so low that I almost felt I could see the stitching. No people were visible, but the replenishing flames certainly were. Would it be quite a lot colder so high in the air? Even thought the day was clear it was still quite cool. They went over, or we went under them before we moved on and they moved on. It was a little gift that brought smiles to our faces.



Today the temp was 43 which seemed like it should be warm. Indeed many college age people had on sweatshirts without jackets. Leroy and I had on a scarf, coat, hat and gloves. Leroy commented, “I am not hot, but I am not cold. How do they manage dressed as they are?”



Could they be as warm as they appeared or do they just tough it out?



We are struggling a little with how warm our clothing should be for this upcoming trip. Today we have the suitcase out and we will do a trial run of packing even though some of the clothes we want to take are in the wash which I will do on Monday before I go to work. Leroy also has a sweater at the church that he forgot to bring home. He will pick it up on the way home from work tomorrow. Will today’s experience help for the final assault on the plan? At least now we have the benefit of much technology that can report temps for all destinations in the days ahead. Although from past experience we do not figure that it will be right all of the time.



The suitcase is packed with everything we can think of that we might need/want. It all fits even though we have not weighed it. We are both taking a tablet. I have not done that before and I certainly notice the weight in my backpack.



Also Leroy helped me download a book so I will have that with me. It was a rather frustrating experience to download everything I needed to be able to do that. It exposes my frailties and lack of patience. I wanted it all to go as I thought it should, instead it veered off on unknown trails. I fussed, fumed and foamed. No, I did not foam, but it worked with alliteration and I could have foamed with just a little more annoyance. I have to compliment Leroy who often thinks I am yelling at him when I am upset about something. Instead he took it all in stride and just tried to show me a better way. He uses the program quite often so he is much more familiar with it.



Paula

No comments: