Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Shoveling

Hello.



As I was pulling into the garage this morning after Tai Chi, I felt the wheels spin on the short steep incline. A dash light came on in the 2014 car indicating a slipping situation. Next, I could feel the car assert itself, grab hold, and go on into the garage without going from side to side. I was impressed. I am thanking that engineer who figured that trick out. I was saved from hitting the pole between the doors or the other side of the garage.



Shoveling off the snow that the tires had dragged up that incline seemed like a good solution. However after that had come off, I realized that the snow in the alley was clinging to the tires. I cleared off an area about four feet by ten feet, hoping that will be enough to stop my anxiety from getting a grip on me. I have to confess that I mostly concentrated on my side of the garage so Leroy is more on his own. However I know from past experience that he has the less steep side and it is not usually so difficult.



Tomorrow if the weather is good I will get a number of my books delivered to the little free libraries. I have once again gotten a grant so I can put in new books that are aimed at many cultures and about middle reader level. I was able to get almost twice as many books for my money. Sales are good. Now the trick will be to find those libraries. I know where some are, but not all. There is also a new one two blocks from me so that is nice. Hopefully all walks will be shoveled or have melted off. I am so grateful for those who clear their sidewalks. I send them a mental note of thanks, hoping they feel the good vibes in the air around them.



Paula

No comments: