Friday, January 12, 2018

Fewer Steps

Hello,



Lower temperatures, lower step number. Could there be a correlation? I have managed to get more than 5,000, but not a lot more today. Leroy and I did go out and work on the front walk with shovel and ice scraper. I am hoping that the sun will do some work and make it much better. It was tiring work so we only did a path rather than the width of the sidewalk. Maybe tomorrow will give us an opportunity to do some more. It is interesting to me that the step recorder does not know that I am working hard when I pound on ice as long as my feet aren’t moving it ignores any effort.



Leroy came home a little early today. I was impressed. He sat right down and started to gather our tax papers. After a while he got tired and took a break. Perhaps I can work with him tomorrow going over our medicals expenses. We are fortunate that we do not have so many expenses, but somehow much paper seems to be involved.



I washed bedding today and mourned the inability to hang it outside for drying which would have given me a number of steps. On the positive side my hands appreciated being inside and not struggling with sheets. My mother still hung them out even if the temps were quite low. Just how low, I am not sure. She was grateful for those clothes racks, a wood furnace, and registers on the floor so the racks could be placed over them for the most efficient indoor drying. I remember seeing the lighter items blowing in the breeze from the heat below. Oh the ironing that was done. Our sheets were ironed along with many other items. My iron hardly sees the light of day. I am glad that Leroy wears a sweater over most shirts or many of them look fairly good as they come from the dryer.



If you call me on the phone I will walk as I am talking so I can get more steps that way, otherwise I sit down to do many other tasks.



Paula

No comments: