Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Adapting

Hello,



Our weather station is working well recording the temperatures. When it gets warmer we will put out the rain gauge and the wind recorder. Later we will also figure out how to attach to a mobile device. Leroy got an IPhone, but has not been able to make it function yet as he will be part of Miriam’s phone plan and we need her signature. So, for now that is a wait. In the meantime he can still be reached on his current phone. Soon I will be the only one in the family to be hopelessly behind the times in the phone department. That does not bother me in particular. I figure when I get that smart phone I will, like everyone I know, feel that my life is totally lacking if it is not working or attached to me in one way or another.



This morning I used the water kettle, discovering one lack. Our former broken one would heat to the low temperature of 109. I considered that perfect temp for dissolving yeast. This new pot heats between 160 and 212, adjustable by five degree increments. Much too hot for my yeast to tolerate! I suppose I can stand there meditating as it shows much lower temps while it goes past. I just have to catch it at the right time, turn it off, and put it in the bowl. The real question is how far can my mind wander as it is waiting for this to happen? Perhaps that is a good challenge for me to be in the moment.



Leroy has gone to work this morning, stopping on the way to get some cough medicine as he has consumed most of the cough drops. They are to be doing some moving of books. I hope he is up to the task. This week he will be spending the week at the museum and next week he will spend the week at the church. It is so nice that both of his employers are fairly flexible so that sometimes he can work where the need is greatest.



Paula

No comments: