Saturday, January 13, 2018

Pounding Ice

Hello,



After lunch Leroy went out and pounded on the ice and I followed with a shovel to remove the debris. It is nice to look out and see that the way is clear even if not yet totally clean. Where we worked yesterday looks quite fine in spite of temps well below freezing. Either the sun worked or evaporation finished the job. Last night when I looked out, it still looked like a dusting on the sidewalk in those shoveled places, but this morning it was clean. I am hoping the night will once again work its magic during sub zero temps.



Leroy and I are looking for a car to replace the one that is from 2004. One dealer told us it was low miles at 139,000. I consider it high, but I suppose if I factored in the age that would make a difference.



I was quite impressed with the safety features of the one we tried today. We had test driven it in UT, but the salesman was not really interested in dealing with us. Perhaps it was because we did not intend to buy, but just to look. Consequently, I took it off my list. However I had read some good reviews of it and thought I should give it another chance. Even though Leroy will not be driving it the most, he also was quite impressed with it.



The guy today was quite good. With his personalized care of us, he could move to the head of the salesperson class. Just now I realized that each new car we look at is so much better than our old one that I want to buy them all. The other car that is at the top of our possible list does not handle so well in the snow. The good snow car does not get such great gas mileage. Seems to me there are too many choices. I have started to make a list of what is not on each car so we can maybe come more easily to a decision.



Leroy and I organized our tax papers this morning. I am hoping that we have gotten it all together to give to our tax preparer. We do not yet have all the forms we need from companies, but that will surely come soon. I am happy to have the papers more organized and less unsightly. I do not do well with clutter. My brain starts to get cluttered.



Paula

No comments: