Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Tree or No Tree

Hello,



As a person who does not feel obligated to put up the Christmas tree very far before Christmas, I find myself in a dilemma. When I was growing up my family did not decorate for Christmas until right before Christmas. Actually I do not remember any decorations when I was small, but the Christmas tree would appear Christmas morning.



 Leroy and I will be gone from December 19 to December 26. We usually put the tree up on about the 14 or 15 of December and leave it up through the church’s official notice of the Christmas season. I am not sure that it will be worth it this time as we leave so soon after putting it up.



I am a little annoyed at my second favorite radio station for now playing only Christmas music. I listen to the radio in the car. At first when I heard the music I simply turned it off and rode home in the silence around me and the noise of my thoughts. Since then I have listened a little.



I was also astonished when I came out of the library in the dark on the Monday after Thanksgiving to see the town tree next to the library was all lit up for the new season. Many houses also had festive lights. There certainly is a strong tradition for getting the season going early, right after Thanksgiving. Even though people complain about the commercial aspect starting too soon, I wonder if they secretly enjoy it.



I do have out a Christmas note pad that I saw the other day. I am determined to use it up so I broke my own rule and put it out. Guess I do not write very many notes. I also got out some small Christmas cups because I often forget about them on the top shelf in the cupboard. I was looking for something else today and got them out instead. Sunday we will have our advent wreath on the table. For a change I checked ahead of time and we do have candles for that.



We have some fall decorations and I have seldom remembered to get them out. This year was a typical year. Decorating for seasons is not my strong suit. Maybe I should just throw in the idea of decorating as I spend little to no time thinking about it.



Paula

No comments: